The craniosacral therapy is a gentle manual method to treat the craniosacral system.
(Craniosacral = ‘from the skull to the sacral bone’). It was developed about 25 years ago by the physician and surgeon Dr. John Upledger from osteopathy.
Through craniosacral therapy the natural self-healing powers of the body will be stimulated. If the function of the central nervous system can be increased, the body remains more resistant to diseases. Effects of stress and tension are reduced, self-regulating activities are stimulated.
Craniosacral therapy, according to Dr Upledger, uses light touches to treat the patient.
When is craniosacrale therapy be indicated?
CranioSacrale therapy can have soothing and causal effects in:
- Acute back and joint discomfort
- Chronic pain
- Dysfunction of the jaw joint
- Stress- and tension-related pain
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Migraines and headaches
- Exhaustion and chronic fatigue
- Dysfunctions of the central nervous system
- Hyperactivity and learning difficulties
A treatment takes about 50 minutes and costs 95,00 €.