For sure, you can do something to protect yourself and your immune system from the corona virus. And I do not only mean: washing hands, disinfecting, keeping distance, refraining from shaking hands and staying at home. These are sensible measures to slow the spread of the virus. This creates time. Boar just time. Experts estimate that sooner or later 60 to 70 percent of us will become infected. That’s two-thirds of us. Most of them will show no or only mild symptoms. Only a few get seriously ill. These include the risk groups with a weak immune system and pre-existing illnesses.
So that if the virus also passes you, you are one of the people who get no or only mild symptoms, make your immune system strong. So strong that the virus can do you nothing or just little to your body. Strengthen your defense.
What can I do to make my immune system strong:
- Protein. An adult’s immune system consists of about 1.5 kg of protein. And especially at a time when the immune system needs to be very active, it takes a lot of protein. And they have to be eaten. 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. And for me personally, this is best done with good protein shakes.
- Vitamin C: Fresh fruit and vegetables are great. Check that this will result in 3-5 grams of vitamin C per day. I can’t do that. Therefore, I take vitamin C additionally.
- Vitamin D3 is essential for a healthy immune system. We need sunlight to form vitamin D3. That’s why I go to the fresh air every day for at least half an hour, even in cold weather. And have your vitamin D3 level measured once. Without taking additional vitamin D drops, mine would only be enough. That’s why I currently take 6,000 IU extra every day.
- Vitamin A, B6, B12, E: The other vitamins are also necessary to ensure that my immune system is in a really good position, especially in these times. For this I take the Vitamineral 32 from Dr. Strunz in the morning. For me to works very well.
- Zinc: Zinc is also important because it is involved in the formation of immune cells.
- Omega 3 – Fatty Acids: Omega 3 is especially important to me as it helps to contain the inflammatory processes in the body.
- Curcuma. Curcuma also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- A healthy gut: What use the many vitamins and minerals if the intestine cannot absorb them? Therefore, really good gut health is particularly important now.
- Exercise: At least 30 minutes a day and best in the fresh air. This stimulates my immune system.
- Time and rest: My body needs more time for regeneration at the moment. He should get it. That’s why I pay special attention to enough sleep. That’s are eight hours for me at the moment.
Briefly on the subject of hamster purchases: In most shopping carts I have seen pasta, rice, flour, crispbread and so on. Carbohydrates and sugar. These are things that tend to weaken the immune system. Do you also have good oils, nuts and a good protein at home? Foods that strengthen your immune system?
I hope there were interesting suggestions for you again.
Please stay healthy!
Yours Petra Hornung